Edgeworth experts provide rigorous economic analysis and litigation support for false advertising cases, including class actions.
Consumer class actions alleging false advertising have proliferated in recent years, particularly in the area of food labeling and pharmaceutical packaging. These cases more frequently require sophisticated analyses of retail sales data, consumer surveys, or corporate financials. Edgeworth economists analyze damages and class certification issues in false advertising litigation using data-driven methods and sound analytical approaches.
In the context of class actions, our intellectual property experts:
- Analyze questions regarding liability and class-wide damages models
- Advise on the commonality and predominance issues arising under Rule 23
- Testify in single-plaintiff corporate disputes involving claims of false advertising, misleading labeling, or other related claims.
False Advertising Litigation
Our team has extensive experience as both testifying and consulting economists in false advertising matters in state and federal courts, including:
- Analysis of consumer and competitor damages in matters related to food labeling, pharmaceutical packaging, and consumer products
- Development and critique of damages approaches, including lost profits, unjust enrichment, and consumer harm measures like “benefit of the bargain”
- Analysis of point-of-sale data, natural experiments, and consumer surveys
- Integration of a variety of types of data, including retail scanner data, company transaction databases, and corporate financials
To learn more about Edgeworth’s false advertising services, please contact us.
News & Events
Webcast: Expert Testimony and Analytical Methods in False Advertising Cases Event Wed, Jan 25, 2017, 12–2 pm
Food Law: Understanding This Rapidly Evolving Area of the Law Event Thu, Mar 17–Fri, Mar 18, 2016
Getting to Class – An Expert’s Eye View of Damages Calculations Event Thu, Oct 29, 2015
Using Hedonic Price Analysis In Food Labeling Class Actions EDGEwords: Business Analytics & Regulation Jun 16, 2015
Sushrut Jain Publishes article on Food Labeling Class Actions News Jun 9, 2015
Dr. Jesse David Discussed Class Action Litigation on a Conference Panel News May 21, 2014
Food Labeling Class Actions Edgeworth Webinars Jun 18, 2013
- Class Actions
- Commercial Damages
- Consumer Financial Services
- Data & HR Analytics
- False Advertising
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Privacy & Data Security
- Pro Bono
- Transfer Pricing