Summer PhD Program
Edgeworth Economics is conducting a four-day summer program to introduce current PhD students to economic consulting. The 2018 program will be held June 18–21. As part of the program, participants will:
- Learn about the types of analyses and work done at economic consulting firms, including antitrust economics, labor economics, and econometrics;
- Take part in several case studies and activities related to actual cases;
- Collaborate with Summer Associates from a global law firm to work on mock trial preparation;
- Participate in a mock trial as an expert witness, including testifying under both direct- and cross-examination;
- Participate in a series of panel discussions with other PhDs and professional economists regarding career trajectories and what one can do with his/her degree; and
- Be assigned a PhD-level mentor to discuss current thesis research and receive advice and feedback on their research plans and opportunities going forward.
Our program is designed to be a complement to students’ thesis research, while exposing students to different directions and practical applications of economics that they may not be otherwise able to experience in a traditional PhD program.
Edgeworth will host several social activities throughout the week to give students a chance to learn about Washington, DC and interact with economists at the firm as well as other PhD program participants.
The program will be hosted at Edgeworth Economics’ Washington, DC office. Each student will be provided with hotel accommodations and a stipend for participation.
How to Apply
Our employees receive generous benefits packages, and also thrive in an upbeat and collaborative culture where professionals are given vast opportunities for self-defining career growth in addition to fun rewards.